Wednesday 23 March 2016

The space race

Or, possibly, claymation masturbation.  Either way, it's all poetry.

I've been invited to take part in an email poetry exchange, for which I have to summon up twenty friends.  Well, my email address book is packed with acquaintances, business contacts, addresses beginning 'info' or 'help', and so on, but I've struggled to find twenty email-able friends for whom poetry doesn't involve a marker pen and a toilet wall.  I know it's essentially a chain letter thing, which sit in one of Dante's circles of Hell somewhere between avarice and Donald Trump, but, hey, it's poetry...

So I'm throwing this open to the planet.

Simply send out an email with the subject line 'Poetry Exchange', following the instructions below - as if the text in bold were the email you've received:


Dear friends,
 
I'm involved in a collective, constructive, and hopefully uplifting poetry exchange.
It's a one-time thing and I hope you would like to participate. 
We have picked those we think would be willing and make it fun.
 
Please send a poem to the person whose name is in position 1 below (even if you don't know him or her). It should be a favourite text/verse/ meditation/quote. 
 
Don't agonise over it…

1. Richard Earl

2. Robert Bagnall

After you've sent the short poem/verse/quote/etc. to the person in position 1, and only that person, copy this letter into a new email.
Move my name to position 1, and put your name in position 2 . Only my name and your name should show in the new email. Send it to 20 friends BCC (blind copy). 
 
If you cannot do this in five days, let us know so it will be fair to those participating.  Seldom does anyone drop out because we all need new pleasures. The turnaround is fast, as there are only two names on the list, and you only have to do it once. How nice to receive a load of poetry on a dreary weekday morning!

Enjoy

Robert xx

No comments:

Post a Comment